Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Watercolor and Doodles

 I have been admiring this watercolor/doodling creations on Pintrest and finally decided to try my hand at it.  I was staying at my daughters and took only minimal supplies with me.  

For these cards, I made a template for my watercolor squares (I did not want to attempt free handing those).  I laid the template on watercolor paper and painted the squares on.  After it was dry, I did some nature doodles with a black fine point marker.  After I knew the marker was dry, I filled in the spaces with a gold gel pen.  I stamped the happy birthday, die cut the rectangle, matted it with a coordinating green card stock and put on a kraft card base.


I am entering this into several challenges.  The first challenge is The Male Room where they are celebrating their 7th birthday.  

The other challenge is CAS on Friday.  Their challenge is Nature.  

I have many more of these templates colored and doodled.  I just need to make them into cards.

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Lady Joyful said...

This is really pretty! Lovely design. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

Sari / Granne said...

Love the doodles and splatters and all the forest greenery. Thank you for joining us on our 7th birthday Birthday challenge at The Male Room.