Sunday, August 2, 2020

Happy Wedding Sweet Friends

A very dear friend of mine is having her formal wedding in August.  They exchanged their vows in May and were married then but the big celebration is coming up.  COVID 19 has changed the wedding plans for so many people.  I have made the decision not to travel to the wedding and feel very sad about it but feel it is better to be safe at home.

I wanted to make them a special card and I have struggled with deciding on a design.  I ordered the new paper pad from Altenew/Pretty Pink Posh collaboration.  The paper is beautiful and I was able to design the card.

The current challenge at The Paper Players is Wedding/Anniversary. 


I die cut the words from gold card stock and added several layers of white card stock under it to make it pop off the page.  The floral paper was matted with the same gold card stock.  Another piece of pink card stock was used behind the gold mat.  

I finished the card with some clear heart shaped embellishments and a splattering of gold water color.


Here is a close up of the focal point.  Isn't that floral paper gorgeous?


Thanks for stopping by. 

3 comments:

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

beautiful, so classy, so special . I always say it's not the big fancy wedding that makes a marriage , but 2 people that love and respect each other. I did have a lovely white wedding and have been married 33 years. Love and best wishes to the couple. Jane x

Claire Broadwater said...

This is just gorgeous and I know the special couple will cherish it! I love the square shape and the bold, gold Mr. and Mrs. is perfect! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Barb your chosen floral paper is indeed beautiful and your stacked foil sentiment a real standout. A special card to celebrate a special couple I'm sure who definitely won't forget their altered wedding celebrations in a hurry! Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!