Friday, August 7, 2020

Christmas 2020

 It is time to start thinking and making Christmas card for 2020.  December will be here before we know it and we won't have our cards ready for mailing.  

The new challenge at Mod Squad is to use a minimum of three patterned papers on a card.  I love to use patterned paper on my cards and have so much that I need to use.  I recently came across this beautiful pad of Christmas paper from  Kaiser Craft.

I believe there are four patterned papers on this card.  The inspiration for the card was a poinsettia swag that I fussy cut out.  I then cut out the white poinsettia from the center of the swag.  Another sheet in the 6 x 6 pad had some small poinsettias which I also fussy cut out.  The sentiment was in the pad also.  The first layer of flowers are glued to the background and the white flower has foam tape on it.  The remainder of the flowers are tucked in under the white flower.   A nest of gold thread is layered with the flowers.  Gold foil paper was used to mat the sentiment.  Some gold glitter enamel dots completed the design.  

Here is a close up of the flower focal point.

There were 3 more swags in the paper pad and I have cut them out along with the individual poinsettias so I can make three more cards.

Thanks for stopping by.  


2 comments:

Judy Woodland said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Judy Woodland said...

Well this is just stunning. I love the non-traditional colors for this Christmas card, really BRILLIANT!!! Oh, just look at all that patterned paper goodness. Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Mod Squad. Hope we see you back again soon!!
Judy~ MSC DT
{Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!!