Sunday, August 16, 2020

Dabbling With Mixed Media

 I love to play with Mixed Media but unfortunately I don't do much of it anymore.  I really do need to change that.  In a private Facebook group, we are celebrating our anniversary of existence.  We are all card makers.  One of the challenges for our anniversary celebration was to make a fall or Halloween tag.  For some reason, I decided to do mixed media.  I loved my tag and then my tag became a birthday card.  I have decided to share it on a new blog challenge I just found.  We Love To Create.  Their challenge this month is Anything Mixed Media Goes.


Slimline cards are so hard to photograph.  I adhered dictionary page to my tag.  I added a layer of cream colored acrylic over the top of the paper.  It was a light coat because I did want the print to show in places.  I die cut the sunflower and colored it with distress oxides.  I then cut several more of the sunflower and layered them together.  I added texture paste (the gold lines) in several different areas on the tag and eventually the card) and while it was still wet added gold embossing powder and then heated it.  It gets puffy and really cool looking.  I added some strips of patterned paper and also some gold striped washi tape that I then put two staples through.  The fabric trim was something I had in my stash that I had once colored.  The background for the card was done in basically the same way.  A repetition of elements on the tag so they melded together.  A little cream and gold bakers twine completed the bows.

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope to play every month now.


2 comments:

Jane Savage said...

Such a beautiful project!
Thank you for joining us this month at We Love 2 Create With Polkadoodles! Jane (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things xxx

Irmelin Eriksson said...

Stunning. Love how you colored the die-cut flowers. Thanks for joining us this month at We Love 2 Create. Hugs from DT-Irre