Thursday, January 2, 2020

Cool Watercolor Challenge

I am going to try to do more blog posts this year and participating in different challenges is a good way to jump start your creativity.

I decided to participate in the challenge at CAS Watercolor where the challenge is to use cool colors.


 I spent a month in Florida during part of November and December and the crafting that I took with me was water coloring.  I stamped many images that I colored and I also did some freehand water coloring which was mostly Pinterest inspired.

This is one of the images that I colored.  I used several different colors of water color to achieve the look on each leaf.  I had lots of fun painting the image.  (I must confess I painted this same image in pinks and reds for a set of gift thank you cards.)  The image is from Altenew.


Thanks for stopping by. 

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Pretty leaves, Barb! Isn't it fun to watercolor on vacation? I always take along something to color. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour! Happy New Year!

Julia Aston said...

What a great way to craft on vacation Barb! love the greens on your pretty stem! thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolour! xx

Karen Dunbrook said...

gorgeous card!
Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!
:) Karen

Loll said...

Gorgeous watercoloured leaves Barb! I always take watercolouring projects on vacation too! It's so fun and relaxing to paint. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!