Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Floral Watercolor Card

While I was puppy sitting in Florida for a month, I took my watercolors with me and colored many images and also did some freehand watercolor which was mostly inspired by Pinterest.

I decided to use one of my pieces on a card for a special friend.  I knew she would also appreciate my somewhat original artwork.

The sketch at CAS(E) This Sketch was used to create this card.


I found some card stock in my stash that coordinated with the light and dark colors of the flowers.  I used the card stock to make a card base and also matted the floral image with another shade of card stock.  The piece of black stripe patterned paper is from My Favorite Things.  (they have an entire 6 x 6 pad of just black and white stripes - so nice.)  The sentiment was heat embossed on a piece of the same card stock.


I really like how this card turned out.  The colors of pink with the black and white stripe make me happy.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: