Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Happy Little Stampers January Watercolor Challenge

How did it become 2020?  Wow - time flies - can't always say it was fun but we survived. 

Let's start out the new year of 2020 with the January watercolor challenge at Happy Little Stampers.  As always, the challenge is Anything Goes with the option of using Die Cuts.


 I recently spent approximately a month in Florida puppy sitting for some friends.  I was unable to take my studio with me so I narrowed my creative soul to watercolor.  I stamped many images and colored them but I also cruised around Pinterest and found creations I wanted to attempt to try.  This is one of the little art pieces I did.  It is amazing how some black doodles will bring a blob of paint to life.

This is a very odd sized card because who was thinking of making a card when you were playing.  I liked it so well I wanted to make it into a birthday card for my daughter.  I think she will like it and appreciate it.  She was a very good artist when she was in high school.

The die cut is a circle birthday sentiment from My Favorite Things.  The entire circle did not fit on the card any place but if I cut it in half I had a couple spots I could add it without covering up the birds.  I added the black and white stripe paper from My Favorite Things and then since it is a birthday card, I had to add just a little bling - a tiny strip of blue glitter paper.

Here is some close ups of the birds.




I am so glad Pinterest is out there to help us "wanna be" artists have a starting point.

Please come play with the January watercolor challenge at Happy Little Stampers.

8 comments:

Anna M. said...

Those birds are so adorable! And I love the sketchy feel of your card 💕

Lindsey said...

This is brilliant! The only drawback is that it's not a stamp set I can add to my wish list. ;) A totally fun birthday card!

Ina G said...

Those birds are so cute and colourful Barb. Love the way you used the Happy Birthday die.

Gwendolyn said...

This is a gorgeous creation Barb, well done! And the way you added the diecut is brilliant! I might just try that one day too! Happy New Year! Hugs, Gwendolyn

Cazro said...

Hi fellow HSL ATC team mate. I am a new to the DT, popping round to say hello. Your card is so cute and full of fun. I am looking forward to sharing blogging time with you. Carole aka Caz

Sue - said...

That is such a fun card! And what a clever idea to cut the diecut in half to fit.

Swapna B Patil said...

Such a fun card with all those cute birdies..

Helen said...

This is such a fun card, Barb! I love those bright little birds and the die cut semi- circle is perfect along with the DP and strip of glitz!!!:)