Friday, November 16, 2018

Twofer Wreath Challenge

I recently stumbled across this challenge blog called Twofer.  It is a monthly challenge where you need to use the same stamp, die or stencil and make two different cards. 

The challenge this month is wreath.


I have this beautiful wreath stamp from Gina K Designs.  I decided this is the wreath I would use.  I had made a Christmas card out of it before so I knew it could be done.

I first stamped the wreath with distress oxide inks.  I used a little water to color the leaves that had an open area.  I stamped a sentiment inside each wreath - one to brighten someone's day and the other for a Christmas Card.


I decided to add colored die cuts to make the wreaths more dimensional.  For the Christmas wreath, I used pine bough die cuts and colored with different shades of oxide inks.  For the brighten your day card I used a leaf bough die I had and colored it with the same color that I had stamped the wreath in.  The die cuts were adhered to each of the wreaths.

I stamped a poinsettia for the Christmas wreath card.  The stamp is from Gina K Designs Also.  The little flowers on the other card are also a Gina K Designs.  The flowers were added to the card front with foam tape.

A set of nesting dies was used to cut all the mats and card base.  I went with a kraft card base for both cards.  A red mat was used for the Christmas card and a touch of burlap behind the pop dotted mat finished off the card.  A piece of patterned paper in the same shade of  the flowers was used as a mat on the other card.  A piece of green patterned paper finished the design.  To finish both cards, I sprayed a fine mist of gold shimmer mist over the top.  It adds just the right amount of glimmer.


Here is a close up of the Christmas card.


Here is a close up of the Brighten My Day card.


Thanks for stopping by.  I enjoy these type of challenges because it makes you think. 

3 comments:

Darnell said...

I love the way you gave each of your wreaths different personalities by the addition of the die cuts, Barb! The Christmas poinsettia is gorgeous on your Christmas wreath and I love the burlap band! And your second card with its pretty floral wreath will definitely do the trick of cheering someone up! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #11! Hugs, Darnell

Susanne Vargas said...

Love the way you used stamps and dies to give your wreaths dimension! The poinsettia looks very festive and the pretty poopies are sure to cheer the recipient up!
Thank you very much for joining us at the Twofer!

Sybrina K said...

Barb, These are so pretty, and I love all the texture and dimension of your wreaths! So glad you played along with this month's Twofer Wreath Challenge. :)