Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Floral Christmas Card

I am slowly working on my Christmas cards and also trying to improve some of my skills.  Watercoloring is not one of my strong skills so I keep trying to improve.

This month the challenge at CAS Watercolor is Christmas Florals and Greenery.


The challenge this week at Addicted to Stamps is Make Your Mark - use some type of coloring medium.  I attempted watercoloring.


While I was out cruising the world of card making blogs, I found a new monthly challenge.  This challenge blog is called 613 Avenue Create.  Their challenge this month is Anything Goes with the Optional Twist of Christmas or Winter.  I made a Christmas card.

This is a stamp I have had in my collection from Avery Elle.  I think I have attempted to color it before with not so good luck so once again I tried.  It came out OK.  I used Zigs.  I used a Jane Davenport water color pallet.  I stamped and heat embossed the image with gold before I started coloring.  Supposedly the embossed edges keep the color inside the lines.  Of  course it is always red that goes outside the lines.  I added some blue to the background to ground the image.  

I matted the image in some very old gold paper I had and then red card stock before adding it to a white card base.  I had to take my picture at this weird angle so that the gold would show.



I do have another one of these images stamped and embossed - do you think I should attempt coloring it again.

Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

Sheila H said...

Beautiful coloring! Your Christmas card is so pretty and inviting. We're happy to see you at 613 Avenue Create.

Susan said...

Lovely colours and layering in your beautiful card! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Watercolour!

Loll said...

Beautiful colours for your watercoloured floral Christmas spray Barb! So pretty with the framing of gold and red. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

Bonnie said...

I think there is an unwritten law that red coloring has to go out of the lines, Barb! It always wanders for me! But your flowers turned out beautifully! This is a beautiful Christmas arrangement! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

Judy Rozema said...

Very pretty!! Great coloring! Thank you for playing along at Addicted to Stamps and More!