Wednesday, September 6, 2023

September Stencil Challenge For Happy Little Stampers

It is time for a new challenge at Happy Little Stampers using your stencils.   As always, the stencil challenge is "anything goes".

Stencils are such an economical way to add supplies to your card making arsenal.  Stencils have also evolved over the years and it is amazing what you can do with a stencil.


I used a stencil and mask from A Colorful Life.  I started with cream cardstock and used the open stencil to add a base layer of color to the leaf.  I then took the stencil with the veins and added all the beautiful colors that you see on leaves in the fall.  I was using my oxide inks.  After I had added the color, I came back in and smoothed all the colors together with a light brown ink.  I fussy cut the leaves.

I traced the leaf pattern and cut it out of gold vellum to place behind my leaf.  I decided I wanted a more colorful background for my leaf so went to my cardstock and found four fall colors and cut diagonal stripes in the paper (I have stripes for three more cards - luckily I made 4 leaves).  I die cut the word hugs from dark brown cardstock and several layers of kraft to give it a little dimension.  I matted my striped background with dark brown cardstock and adhered it to a kraft card base.  Gold splatters completed the card.


Here is a card made with the negative of the leaf.  After I have done the stenciling, I sprayed the stencil with water and smooshed it onto a piece of cardstock and got the leaf outline.  I had a small stamp set with oak leaves so stamped them in fall colors and scattered them around the card.  I stamped a sentiment.  Gold splatters completed this card also.


Please join us at Happy Little Stampers and play with your stencils.

Thanks for stopping by.


No comments: