Monday, September 25, 2023

Oldie Moldie Monday Does A Challenge

It is Monday - time to show some love for your old supplies.  I am going to combine Oldie Moldie Monday with the current challenge at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown. The challenge this week is technique but more specifically to use a stencil.  

I have a large assortment of stencils.  Many times I try the stencil out and then the image goes in a box to be created with later.  Needless to say I have a large box with "created with later" images.  This snowflake stencil is one of them.  It may be a Gina K Stencil.


Here is the snowflake all stenciled in beautiful blue colors.  I am guessing it is oxide inks.  I made it a long time ago.  It is a beautiful stencil.  It is very large.  I decided to make two mini slimline cards out of this large snowflake.  I have a die for mini slimline cards so used that to make my snowflake panels.


I found some cardstock that worked well for the mat of the snowflake.  I also found this glitter paper which I covered the front of the card base with.  I have a very large collection of snowflake dies and cut some out of the same color cardstock I used for the mat.  I splattered the card with irridescent ink and added some bling to the middle of the snowflakes.  A simple greeting completed the card.  I now have two more holiday cards completed.

Remember to show some love for your old supplies.  They still make wonderful cards.

4 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Barb... this is a gorgeous snowflake stencil and I love the colors you chose! Such a beautiful card. Thanks so much for joining and sharing at Christmas Card Throwdown this week.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Aren't you clever? That's a perfect twofer use of that big stencil and so pretty made up for the card. xoxo

AndrejaM said...

Beautiful card! You used the stencil very nicely! Thanks for playing at 52 CCT challange.

Majda said...

Beautiful card and these colors - the perfect combination :-)
Thank you for joining the Christmas Card Throwdown.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well :-)
Majda DT