Sunday, September 3, 2023

September Birthday Challenge for Happy Little Stampers

 It is September and it is time for a new birthday challenge at Happy Little Stampers.  

This is a wonderful challenge because it helps you plan ahead for the upcoming birthdays where you will need a card - or like me - a very much belated birthday card.  This challenge is great because the theme is always anything goes.


I chose to make a bridge card for my birthday card this month.  Jennifer McGuire has several videos on You Tube that tell you how to make one and I used her directions and measurements for the card I created.

The flower is from Altenew.  I had stamped several of these awhile back and had them all ready to use.  I also had the sentiment stamped.  

I took my heavyweight white cardstock to make my white card base using Jennifer's measurements.  I cut the pink paper to fill in the center section of the card.  I believe this paper is from Altenew also.  The black and white stripe is from My Favorite Things.  They have a 6 x 6 pad of black and white striped paper.  I cut a shiny black strip of cardstock for the middle of the card to help make the bridge.  Very thin strips of the black shiny paper were cut to edge the folded edge of the sides.  


Here is a picture of the card folded out open and flat.  The black strip is just glued to the striped edges.  


Here is a picture of the card folded so it lies flat in an A2 envelope.  I believe I will put the card in this envelope inside a larger envelope just to protect it a little better.  The US Postal Service has gotten pretty good at destroying our beautiful cards.


Just search bridge cards on You Tube and you will find many different ways of making them.  Have fun and try this fun fold.


Thanks for stopping by.  


1 comment:

Alyson Mayo said...

Love your card with the pink and black - such a striking combination :)