Wednesday, May 4, 2022

The Male Room - Guest Designer

 I am honored to be the guest designer at the challenge blog The Male Room for the current challenge.


The current challenge for The Male Room is Sport.  It was the perfect challenge for me to participate in because I needed a masculine birthday card with a golf theme for a birthday in June.  


My first love when I started making cards was patterned paper.  I believe it comes from my background in sewing and love of fabrics.  The paper collection I used for this card is from Authentique.  It is a hunting themed collection but it had this beautiful plaid, check and dots paper that worked for my card.

The stamp is from Northwoods Rubber Stamps.  I actually found this image already stamped and heat embossed so the hardest part of making this card was already done for me.  I did distress the edges of all the patterned paper.  I used extra layers of cardstock to add dimension to the image and sentiment.  I did stamp a golf ball on the inside of the card and also on the envelope.


Please join us at The Male Room for their sport challenge

Thank you to The Male Room challenge blog for asking me to be a guest designer.

4 comments:

Sari / Granne said...

Fabulous monochromic card whit a vintage vibe. Thank you so much for being our awesome GDT at the Male Room this month.

MortiCraft said...

I too am drawn to patterned papers but I struggle to use the together successfully. You have done an awesome job with yours and also matching to your sport themed stamp. I did golf too! Thanks for being Guest Designer at The Male Room. X

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I LOVE your patterned paper with your stamping, a fabulous design, love the Kraft card as your base. Thank you for producing such SUPER work for our challenge and being a great GDT,
Faith DT TMR

Helen said...

Fabulous card and just perfect for our challenge.

Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer this month.

Helen x