Wednesday, May 4, 2022

May Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge

First of all - how did it get to be May already.  It seems that the last four months have flown by but also dragged.  

I hope you are getting a few Christmas cards made to help you when it comes time to mail out your cards in December.  By doing challenges, you get at least one card made but you may also rediscover old supplies and they trigger some creativity.

As always the Christmas Challenge at Happy Little Stampers is Anything Goes.  We do add an optional choice you can use on your card.  This month the option is House.  I was amazed when I was going through my supplies, how many patterned papers have houses on them and you could do a few cards of the same design.  


For my card I chose to make a flat shaker card.  I seem to be a little obsessed with them lately.  I know they will cost extra to mail.  

I believe the background stamp with the houses and Santa is from Hero Arts.  A friend bought it on a crafty week end and I stamped off a few of the image.  I stamped the image on watercolor paper.  I colored the background with distress inks and colored pencils.  My coloring job was not too good so I decided the flat shaker card elements would hide some of the bad coloring.

I bought a set of scrapbook page inserts at a local thrift store and I cut them down to make the covering for the front of the card to hold the shaker bits.  You can also use packaging.  You have to be careful to not put too many bits in the shaker.  I did put some snowflake sequins and blue sequins in the mix. 

I matted the card front with blue cardstock and used a die word for the sentiment.   

Here is a picture of the card upright with the shaker bits at the bottom


Here is a picture of the card with the card laying flat and the bits all over the front of the card.  It is hard to photograph with the shiny bits.


Please join us for our May Christmas Challenge at Happy Little Stampers.

Thanks for stopping by.  

No comments: