Monday, May 30, 2022

Oldie Moldie Monday Meets Two Challenges

 It is Monday, time to show some love for your old supplies.

I found these flowers already done.  They were done with a stencil and there were two sets so I could make two cards.  The butterfly embossing folder has been in my supplies for many years and of course, I have an ample supply of card stock which has been aging for many years.

The first card is for the current challenge at Paper Players.  They have a fun Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge. 

I chose to do birthday, floral and circle.   I fussy cut the flowers.  I found a circle birthday sentiment in my spare sentiment box.  To add texture to the white background, I used a butterfly embossing folder.  A few circle sparkly things completed the arrangement.  


The second challenge is Can You Handle the Pressure where you need to use an embossing folder on your card.  (I should challenge myself to use one each week - I probably would not repeat myself all year.)  The optional twist is butterflies.  I looked in my embossing folders and I had three folders which had butterflies on them.  They add such a wonderful texture to the background of my floral card.


Remember to show some love for your old supplies.  Find some challenges and let them kick start your creativity.

Thanks for stopping by.  

3 comments:

Darlene said...

WOW this is absolutely BEAUTIFUL Barb! So glad you've come to join in our embossing fun! We appreciate your support! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure … hope to see you again next challenge!
Darlene
CAN YOU HANDLE THE PRESSURE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

P.S. Email has been sent in regards to Guest Designing.

Ann Schach said...

So pretty, Barb! The embossed background adds so much yummy texture. I LOVE the colors you used. Thank you for playing in my Tic-Tac-Toe challenge at The Paper Players this week!

Cindy Beach said...

I'm cheering with you at the suggestion to give love to my old supples! This card is a classic timeless beauty! I'm inspired by your bright colors and wonderful embossing. I'm so glad that you played along this week at The Paper Players!