Sunday, March 27, 2022

Cards to Cheer

 It seems like there are so many friends that need a card to cheer them up and I am always thankful for my supplies and my ability to make these cards.  Challenges help me focus in on making particular cards.

The current challenge at Sunday Stamps is a color challenge.  I have a rough time doing color challenges but I do try to do them sometimes.  Here is the challenge.   The colors made me think of tulips - oh please - hurry tulips - and start blooming.


I recently got the new Honey Bee Tulip die cut so I wanted to use it for this card.  I went into my stash of card stock and started pulling some colors that somewhat matched the challenge.  I then used my distress oxide inks to add some depth to the floral pieces.  The tulip is very easy to line up - there was a little notch on most of the pieces that helped.  I die cut a yellow cover out of some Bo Bunny dot paper I had.  I ink blended a distress oxide on the card front to add more depth to the card front.  I finished the card with a die cut sentiment which I stacked and some splatters.  

I know it will bring a smile to my friend's face as she battles breast cancer.  She always lets me know the card arrived and how much she loved it.

Thanks for stopping by and let's keep hoping spring arrives soon.


2 comments:

Heather said...

So pretty, Barb - I love the spatter - you're right, it does add just the right amount of depth! Great color choices - your friend will love it! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Heidi Baks said...

Lovely die-cut flower, and I love your distress ink background to add interest to your lattice die-cut. Beautiful! Thanks for joining Sunday Stamps this week.