Friday, March 27, 2020

Thinking Of You Time 3

I am trying to send out at least one card a day during this trying times so I needed to stock up on some Thinking of You Cards.

Recently while clearning/cleaning I found a couple background stamps.  I decided to play with one of them.  The first card I did I stamped it with oxide ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  The second time I inked it, sprayed with water and stamped it.  The third time I just sprayed it again with water and stamped it once more.  I got a much lighter image the third time.

I decided to play with the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.

This was the first stamping which was sprayed with water.  You can see the brighter colors compared to the 2nd card.  I added pink to the background by smooshing it in some pink oxide ink.  I die cut the circle from the panel.  I matted the white with grey and to save paper, I first die cut the sentiment from the middle of the grey mat.


This is the second stamping of the background stamp.


This is the image that was stamped and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  I cut a circle out and pop dotted it up.  I added the sentiment which was cut from the mat.


Thanks for stopping by.  Try to stay sane.

2 comments:

Kim S said...

Such a beautiful background stamp and perfect for "thinking of you"! I love the three methods - I can't say I have a favorite, they really are different looks but fabulous in their own way. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Love how you added just a 'spot' of pattern to highlight your sentiment! All three cards are fabulous! So fun to try multiple techniques with the same stamp! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!