Thursday, March 26, 2020

Happy Birthday Dear Niece

Since I am staying home, I am trying to get ahead on my birthday cards.  This card is for a May birthday.

Luckily My Favorite Things has a Birthday Challenge each month and this month the challenge is flowers.  I have a few flower stamps and dies from My Favorite Things. 

 I first stamped the floral image with black VersaFine Onyx ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  It makes it so much easier to confine your watercolor when you have the embossing lip.  I used several different shades of purple watercolor to color the image.  There are also several colors of green on the leaves.  Of course, the background was too white for me so I had to add splatters. 

After everything was dry (it is very hard to see) I used a happy birthday die and cut right into the floral design.  I cut several layers of cardstock and stacked them in the opening before I glued the die cut image back on top of the openings.  I did add some glitter pen over the top of the die. 


You may be able to see it a little better in the close up.  I then heat embossed the birthday sentiment onto a piece of paper that matched the card base.


Thanks for stopping by.  I am all done with my May birthdays - not onto June birthdays.

No comments: