Friday, April 20, 2018

Sending Love

Hand making a card and mailing it to someone is a very special way of sending love.  A wonderful touch of kindness to show someone that you care.  We not only receive the creative pleasure of making the card but also knowing that the recipient will enjoy receiving some special mail. 

This card will go to my 92 year old aunt who now lives in a nursing home.  She did something special for me so I wanted her to know how much I appreciate it.

Freshly Made Sketches has a wonderful sketch this week.  You can do so many things with it. 

 I had some pieces of watercolor paper hanging out on my desk so I die cut two circles.  The fancy circle was a new die I just bought.  I love the little detail on it.

All the paper was colored using the squish method.  I put Gina K ink on my mat and sprayed water on it.  I then dipped the paper into the inky water and added color to everything.  I had two shades of the same color family so used the darker color on the bigger circle and to color the butterfly.

The butterfly (Gina K Designs) was stamped with black VersaFine ink and clear embossing powder added to it.  The sentiment (Gina K Designs) was done the same way.

I cut my card base to fit my large watercolor panel.



Please make a card and send it to someone to brighten their day.

Thanks for stopping by. 

4 comments:

LeAnne said...

What a pretty card for your aunt! And I agree, making and sending cards is a win-win situation...fun for the creative person and nice for the recipient!

Amy O said...

What a beautiful butterfly, and I love that die-cut circle -- such pretty details. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Timko said...

Such a pretty card! Your aunt is sure to love this and it will certainly bring a smile. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card Barb, I love your squish watercolouring. Thank you for sharing wish us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!