Tuesday, April 10, 2018

A Favorite Technique

The challenge at AAA Cards - Clean and Simple Challenges is to use a favorite technique and make a CAS card.

I love to play with distress inks - it can be regular distress inks or the somewhat new distress oxide inks.  One of my favorite techniques with the distress inks is to make backgrounds.  This time I played with the oxide inks.  I take the inks and squish them on a piece of acetate and then spray it with water.  You take the acetate to your background paper and do some more squishing.  By drying in between layers, you can make some wonderful backgrounds.

 I made two different backgrounds and then die cut them with some die cuts I have not used in a long time.  I thought the shape was interesting.  I dry embossed the white background to add some texture.

The butterflies are from a sheet of stickers I found at Hobby Lobby which were on clearance for $1.00.



I am also entering it into the challenge at As You See It.   I saw ink or paint blobs so ink squishes would qualify, I think.


Thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

Heather Cooper said...

Ink blobs definitely count, Barb, and yours are beautiful! Those butterflies are perfect for the backgrounds you've made, and the embossed white panel is a great contrast. Thanks for playing along with us at As You See It Challenge.

Jan Clothier said...

I'm with Heather on this, Barb. Your pretty background is a perfect way to show off the sketch and that superb butterfly. The embossed background is an elegant addition. Thank you for joining us at As You See It.

Jane said...

Some really pretty mixes of colours on your cards. Thanks for playing along with the favourite technique challenge at AAA Cards.

LeAnne said...

THese are beautiful! I haven't played with any oxide inks, but your use of them makes me want to jump up and get some, LOL! Pretty way to interpret the sketch, I love it! Thanks for playing with the AYSI challenge this week!

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Barb, indeed how gorgeous these distressed backgrounds look! Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at AAA Cards Challenge. - Sweet Kobylkin
Click through to see now a new Clean and Simple card with Die Cutting on The Edge Technique.

Teresa Kline said...

sweet backgrounds, and the butterflies are gorg! I am so glad you played along with the
as you see it!


blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

ÅsaJ said...

Such sweet cards! Lovely! Thanks for joining AAA Cards! Hugs Åsa