Thursday, April 5, 2018

Freshly Made Sketches - Take One

I am in need of a congraulatory card so I decided to play along with this week's sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.


I first took a piece of Bristol smooth card stock and dipped it in distress oxide ink to give some color to the background.  I then used the same color to stamp the two stripes (Paper Artsy stamp) on the left side.

I cut out a Memory Box die (first time used)  for the focal point.  The flowers and stems were colored with distress oxide inks.  The sentiment is from Art Gone Wilk.  I added a few sequins with glitter in the middle to finish the card off.  I may come back and add some glitter in the middle of the flowers.

I chose to stamp my sentiment in grey and mat the front in grey also.  I love to use grey rather than black - it is a softer color.


Here is a close up of the flowers.


I am also entering it in the weekly challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More - Anything Goes.


I am also going to participate in the challenge at CAS-ual Friday where the challenge is Spring Fever.  We had snow this week and it is cold.  Please bring spring on.


Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Amy O said...

These are such pretty colors and pretty flowers! And I love your background. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Michelle Lupton said...

Lovely spring card! Thanks for playing along with us at the CAS-ual Fridays challenge blog :)

Tanja said...

love those pretty spring flowers - thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More