Saturday, April 21, 2018

Seize the Birthday - Bright Colors

The new challenge at Seize the Birthday is a birthday card (of course) and the optional topping is bright colors.  Since I am a lover of bright colors, this was not hard for me to do. 



I started with a die cut base of Bristol Smooth card stock.  I also again added color to my background using a favorite method of squishing.  I put the ink (a light pink from Gina K) on work surface, spritzed with water and then dipped the background in it to give it a little color.

I stamped the sentiment down in the lower left corner so I knew where to place my large floral stamp.

The stamp is a Penny Black brushstroke stamp.  I first stamped the leaves and vine in two shades of green.  The flower was stamped in a brighter pink ink than what I used for the background.  I had to do several stampings to get good coverage.  Thank goodness we now have stamping platforms.

After I was done stamping, I watered down some of the bright pink and splattered it across the card front.  A few sequins were glued to the card front.  Yesterday when shopping, I bought a pink assortment of sequins so I had more choices.


I also made some turquoise cards with this stamp.  I do want to try distress oxide inks and then for the final stamp do a light mist of water on the stamp and then stamp over the image to have the water blend the ink.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: