Friday, September 3, 2010

Friday, September 4, 2010

Good Friday morning. Color me happy (insert smile here) I took the day off from work. A 4 day week end. Yeah. Of course, I will pay for it when I return to work on Tuesday. (insert frown here). Hopefully my week end involves some cardmaking.

My card today is a quick and easy Halloween card. This is the midweek throwdown challenge at Operation Write Home Stars and Stamps. All the work is done by the stamping. Add another swirl stamp on the top in orange and color your spiders. I did add some Stickles to the spiders for color. These cards are for Operation Write Home but I am afraid the glitter may come off - so going to find this product that shall remain nameless (I can see it in my brain but it is not popping into the brain that can put it on paper). The stamp belongs to a friend so I am not totally sure what the company is - but I think it may be Memory Box. The paper is some old orange I had - I believe it is from Bo Bunny.

Come join Operation Write Home celebrate their birthday - a month long celebration. There are some great digis available and I will be hosting a challenge in September also - I believe it is Monday, September 20. Have a nice stamp set to give away that day.

Well I am off to take my shower and get my day started. Everyone have a wonderful Friday.

5 comments:

Sherry H said...

Hi, I love your Halloween card. Is the background one big stamp with Happy Halloween on it? I love cards with script in the background. Great job!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Hi Barb, I love your Halloween card! This has been such a fun challenge to go visit and look at everyone's cards!

I wonder if putting Crystal Effects (any brand crystal lacquer) would seal the glitter in the Stickles. I haven't tried it yet.

Unknown said...

Very cute! I wouldn't have thought to stamp on top of a stamp. Cool.

Paula S. said...

Great work! A very unusual card, I just love it! The script with the shape stamped layered over it is a wonderful effect.

Operation Write Home said...

Very pretty card - love that bg stamp! Very nice card.

And yes, Crystal Effects does seal glitter :)