Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year's Eve



2008 winds down and comes to a close. It was an interesting year - weather wise - if you have read my blog at all - you will note all the reference to snow. Way too much of that in 2008 and I do hope 2009 is not the same.

I am not too much for making personal new year's resolutions - but I did decide to try and make some card making resolutions for 2009 - let's see if I can remember them.

Learn to color better (going to sign up for a copics coloring class in January)

Buy less

Use up supplies I have

Try to keep creation station cleaner and neater - although right now everything is neat and put away and I have no desire to create

I think that is a pretty big list of resolutions for 2009 in regards to my card making.

Do you have any resolutions for your creativity - whether it is paper crafting or some other type of hobby? Of course, a big one for me - may be just staying awake at night - or sleeping through the night. Must get a better handle on my sleep patterns.

The card I made is made from scraps from a Christmas grouping from K&Co. Some of the papers work great for regular cards - hope you enjoy my scrap creation.

Patterned Paper: K&Company
Rub On: Imaginisce™
Inks: ColorBox Fluid Chalk Inkpad by Clearsnap, Inc.
Die Cut: Sizzix
Brads: Basic Grey
Flower: American Crafts

Idea to Note: This entire card except for brad and foam flowers was scraps. This is actually a Christmas group of papers and I was making Christmas cards. I used the leftovers to make the card base, front, cut flourishes and flowers. Added Stickles to brad and top foam flower to pick up the glitter in the paper.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the card, Barb! Fabulous use of scraps! Happy New Year!

mary k said...

Happy New Year, Barb. I finally found your blog. Is your cococat site out? I can't get into the forum area. It is my week to send cards to Anna's children and I can't get the address (or the kids' names.) Hope you can help me out. marykahler uplander2000@aol.com Thanks

Anonymous said...

Hey barb! I need the kids' address, too - I have a package to go out to them. Thanks!