Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Winter Fun

I keep playing with things found on my desktop.  The penguin (a gaggle of three) were hanging out on my desktop for ages.  One went into the witness protection program on my desk hiding so he did not have to be part of the winter fun cards.  He will emerge sometime.  

The current challenge at The Paper Players is Winter Fun in a clean and simple card design.  I decided to use two of the penguins in this challenge - I made 2 cards.


I found blue card stock which coordinated with the blue on the penguin's attire.  Matted a white snowflake embossed background and also used the blue to mat a circle for the penguin to sit on.
I embossed the circle also.  (I am trying to use my embossing folders more this year.)  I believe the sentiment die is from Penny Black.  I have had it a long time.  I did finish the card with some white irridescent splatters.

Thanks for stopping by - and yes the third penguin has shown his cute little face on the desk.

2 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

What a FUN card! I love the embossed background and this little penguin is adorable. Just perfect for my challenge at The Paper Players this week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

So glad your wrapped-up penguin decided to come out to play! Love the embossed snowflakes too. Thanks for playing along with us over at The Paper Players this week!