Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Scraps on the Desk and A Challenge

 I am cleaning/clearing my house for a remodel project so I have been taking little mental breaks by looking at what is on my design table and making a card from it.  Today I found this lovely gift  tag I had saved for a card and two scraps of paper which matched perfectly.  How lucky was I in finding that matching paper.

Another goal I have for this year is to use my embossing folders more.  I grabbed one of my many snowflake embossing folders and did the entire background. I adhered the red and teal for the white layer and then embossed all of it.  The tag is popped up on the embossed background.

The current challenge at Jingle Belles is to Wrap It Up!  My little recycled tag worked wonderfully for the challenge.



Thanks so much for stopping by.  Stay tuned for more Scraps on the Desk creations.  I already have two laid out.

5 comments:

Lorraine said...

Your serendipity worked out so well. It's a beauty.

Dotty Jo said...

Such a sweet card! isn't this a fun challenge, Jo x

Tracy said...

Really cute! And on using the embossing folders - YES! I want to keep this is mind this year. I forget them so often and I really need to give them a little love.

lauren bergold said...

Such a fabulous card, I love the way you pieced the colors and then embossed the entire panel! And that pretty tag just MAKES it! So pleased you could join our Jingle Belles fun!

SmilynStef said...

What an adorable tag ... love how the embossed texture ties all of your papers together ... so very glad you joined us at Jingle Belles for our first prompt of 2024.