Thursday, May 4, 2023

May Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge

It is May and time for a new Christmas Challenge at Happy Little Stampers.  The challenge is always anything goes but there is an optional twist so this gives you the opportunity to get a head start on your Christmas/Holiday cards for this year.  The optional twist this month is Trim the Tree.  I chose to go with the tree and it is trimmed.


The image is a stamp from Colorado Craft Company.  I have had it a couple years and decided I needed to use it.  I cannot lie it was a little difficult to stamp because of the fine lines in the image and I was trying to heat emboss the image.

The purple background was made by painting gesso on newsprint and after it dried you add watercolor.  I did manage to get lots of variation in the color purple for my background.  I take my backgrounds to a copy place and copy them so I will always have this background to use in the future.  I stamped the image with VersaMark Ink and embossed with a super fine embossing powder.  I stamped the sentiment and backed the purple strip with vellum so it would stand out from the tree design.  I matted it in purple and added to a white card base.


I even stamped the image on the envelope in purple ink.  I finished the inside of the card also with a sentiment and a strip of the purple patterned paper.  I made two of this card.


Here is another version of the same card.  The background rainbow paper is recycled packaging from a stencil set I bought.  I know who is getting this card and she loves rainbows.

Please join us at Happy Little Stampers May Christmas Challenge.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: