Saturday, September 3, 2022

Happy Little Stamper's September Birthday Challenge

It is September and it is time for a new Birthday Challenge at Happy Little Stamper's.  We all need Birthday Cards so why not join us for a fun challenge - the theme is always "anything goes" so it is easy to do.  


Recently I was out of town for several weeks and needed something to keep my hands and mind busy so I decided to try stitching on paper.  Spellbinders makes it so easy with their dies for stitching.  This die is called Stitched Petal Frame.  Jennifer McGuire has several videos on YouTube demonstrating how to use the stitched dies.  She shares lots of information.

You use extra heavy cardstock to die cut the design.  I used two strands of DMC embroidery floss for my stitching.  I have bought some metallic thread to try on black cardstock.  Stay tuned.  Of course, this card is one you only give to people who will not toss it into the waste basket.


After I completed the stitching, I found a soft green cardstock to put behind the die.  I did not want the color to fight with the beautiful stitching.  I die cut the sentiment from the back side of the green cardstock.  After I adhered the stitched design to a white card base. I glued pearls to certain points in the design.  You need lots of pearls.  I just restocked my pearl supply since I have more fronts being stitched.

Here is a close up of the sentiment and the pearls.  You can also see how easy it is to stitch.

Please join us at Happy Little Stamper's for our September Birthday challenge.

Thank you for stopping by.  

3 comments:

Alyson Mayo said...

I love this - the stitching detail is amazing! I realize how much work it is... great job!
Just FYI - your links for the last two HLS challenges are not working correctly. The Christmas one leads to your birthday challenge post and the other is a dead link. I couldn't find anywhere to contact you directly.

Cindy Groh said...

Holy WOW! This card is one that I wouldn't want to give to anyone. This card is amazing. I love it.!!

Catie Cuddles said...

Oh this is stunning! Love it!