Thursday, January 6, 2022

January 2022 Happy Little Stampers Stencil Challenge

 It is time for a new year and time for a new challenge at Happy Little Stampers using our stencils.  This challenge is always fun because it is "Anything Goes."  Stencils are such an inexpensive tool in our card making assortment of items to use to make beautiful cards.


It seems that after Christmas we always need a few cards to send a thank you or a winter greeting to.  These cards are very easy to make.

I have seen this technique many times and finally got around to trying it.  I first added a light layer of pink ink smooshing to the background.  After this had dried, I took a background stamp from Hero Arts (I believe it is words in relationship to friendship) and clear embossed it.  I then layered my snowflake stencil from Gina K used three different colors of oxide inks to color the snowflake.  I stamped the sentiment with the blue oxide ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I die cut it and a larger circle to mat it.  It was all added to a dark blue mat.  


The background for this card was made by spritzing the snowflake stencil with water and then turning the spritzed stencil over on some card stock.  I press down on the stencil so that the leftover ink absorbs in the card stock.  It makes such a pretty soft background.  I used a Memory Box die and cut it out of the colored background.  A pinkish/purply metallic mat was added and you see the snow man showing through the dies.  I die cut the words from the same metallic card stock.

I love that I could get two cards from the same stencil.  Entirely different looks for each card.


Please join us at Happy Little Stampers for our January Challenge.

Thanks for stopping by.  

2 comments:

Catie Cuddles said...

Both superb cards but I love the first one most.
Catherine x

Vicki Dutcher said...

Such a pretty medallion stencil. Made for a lovely card