Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Christmas Cards for 2022

 When December 2022 rolls around, I want to make sure I have enough Christmas cards to mail out.  To aid me in this hope, I am trying to do as many challenges as possible.  

This week I am participating in the sketch challenge at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown 


I decided to flip the sketch up side down.  My tree is the banner and my snowflake is the star.  

The tree is a wooden tree.  I colored it with a distress oxide reinker and then poured clear embossing powder over the top and melted it.  I repeated this step so the tree has a beautiful shine.

The background I did some ink smooshing to add some color to the background and then ran it through an embossing folder.  I colored the mat for the card with distress oxide ink so it is a perfect match.  The snowflake was cut from white glitter card stock.  The sentiment was stamped on some ink smooshed paper.  I completed the card with white and silver splatters.


Here is a close up of the tree.


I have one more card for my Christmas card stash.  I mailed over a 100 in 2021 so I do need to be productive.

Thanks for stopping by.  

2 comments:

Andreja said...

What a beautiful card you made :-)) I like how you take my sketch!
Thank you for playing with us at 52CCT. I hope we see you next week, too.

My Paper Epiphany said...

Gorgeous card! Great take on the sketch! Thank you for joining us at 52CCT:)