Friday, August 6, 2021

Happy Little Stampers August Stencil Challenge

 It is time for a new Stencil Challenge at Happy Little Stampers.  The stencil challenge is always "Anything Goes".  Don't you think those are the best challenges?


I am in need of some masculine birthday cards so decided to use that idea for my jump off point for my August stencil card.

The stencil is from a new company to me.  It is Ciao Bella Papercrafting from Italy.  It is a larger stencil so this card is bigger  than an A2 card.

I made the background with the stencil on a gel plate.  I laid down the blues and greens for the background, let it dry, added the stencil and added the plant image with dark brown paint.  Once again you let it dry.  After it is dry, you brayer white paint over the top and then pull the image.  It really is that simple but you really don't know what you will be pulling each time.  As you can see I did get spots of white coming through but I went with it.  Gel printing takes practice and patience.  I do want to try this and just use my oxide inks and see how it works.

I cut the image down, matted it with dark brown card stock and then added it to a navy blue card base.  The sentiments are from Altenew.  I fussy cut them out.

I added gold splatters to the card front.  Splatters add so much to the card. 


Here is a close up of the plant.  You can also see the variation in colors in the background and also the gold splatters.

No comments: