Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Happy Little Stampers August Christmas Challenge

 It is time for a new Christmas Challenge at Happy Little Stampers.  

As always the challenge is Anything Goes but we do offer you the opportunity for a little twist.  The optional twist is Wonderland.  I guess mine might be a winter wonderland - it has snowflakes in it or I did my own thing.  I also wanted to make a flat shaker card.  Prairie Paper and Ink has some excellent videos showing you how to do this.  



I have been trying to play with my stencils more (I joined the stencil design team) and wanted to use this snowflake stencil from Gina K.  It is several years old.

I used watercolor paper and stenciled on the snowflake with embossing paste.  I then used a couple different pink re inkers and water to add color to the background.  (in hindsight, I think I would color my background first and then add the embossing paste through the stencil to retain the original color of the embossing paste).  After everything is dry I then made my mini slimline flat shaker card.

I used a scrapbook page protector to make the clear front for the card.  I folded the plastic around to the back on three sides.  I used double sticky adhesive  tape to hold down the plastic.  After you have three sides taped down securely, I added all the bits and pieces to make the shaker part.  I seem to have lots of stuff that works in a shaker.  Tape the last opening shut and adhere to your card base.  I die cut a sentiment and glued it to the front of the card.

Here is a picture of how the flat shaker card looks laying down with the shaker bits and pieces distributed over the front of the card.


Here is a picture of the mini slimline card sitting on an easel so you can see the bits at the bottom of the card.  I did glue some larger snowflake sequins around the front of the card so you can see more snowflakes when the bits and pieces are over the front of the card.

These are fun to make and less work than building up a well for your shaker bits. 

Please come join us at Happy Little Stampers August Christmas challenge.   

2 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Beautiful non-traditional mini slimline shaker card. The background is gorgeous and I have never tried a flat shaker card. awesome job.

JulieP said...

I love the stencil in the background of this wonderful sparkly card!