Monday, May 31, 2021

Oldie Moldie Monday

 It is Monday - time to show some love for your old supplies. 

I have so many 6 x 6 pads so I decided to make some junk journal embellishments to donate for sale for a non profit.  I was determined to use up this Basic Grey pad.  I threw away just a few scraps and even made two birthday cards.

For junk journal embellishments, I made a cluster (even used some old Prima flowers), a tag where I stamped a birdcage, hidden paper clip, envelope with small journaling card, a large pocket, a little note pad and some miscellaneous tabs.  These were fun to make.


I cut journaling cards to go along with each set.  Two of the journaling cards were decorated.  On one card I just added a dark brown tab at the top.  The second decorated journaling card had a paper lace trim added to it.  


This birthday card was made from strips I had trimmed off different embellishments.  The brown mat was from the scrap bin and the sentiment was cut from the center of the brown mat.


This card was made from the image on the front of the 6 x 6 pad that showed  the designs in the collection.  I added a piece of dark brown trim.  I dry embossed this part of the card.  I matted it with kraft paper from the scrap bin.  The sentiment was heat embossed.


Remember to show some love for your old supplies, they still make great cards and other things in our paper creating journey.


No comments: