Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Happy Little Stampers May Christmas Challenge

 It is time for a new Christmas Challenge at Happy Little Stampers.  Please come and play because when December comes around you will wish you had done a few more Christmas card challenges through the year.

At Happy Little Stampers our Christmas Challenge is always "anything goes" but we do offer an option for you - this month the option is Mistletoe.


My card is a version of the mini slimline.  I have a number of red envelopes similar to slimline cards so just adjusted my card base so that it would slide into my red envelopes.

I found a wonderful mistletoe die from Memory Box.  I die cut  the elements from watercolor paper because I wanted to watercolor my foliage.  I glued together two layers of the mistletoe which I had colored with different shades of green watercolor.  I cut the bow from one piece of red card stock and one piece of red foil.  The berries were cut from white glitter paper.  
I smooshed my background in oxide ink to get the blue color.  I like the variance of color you get in your background when you do smooshing.  You can smoosh in watercolor also to get a nice color also. 

The sentiment is from Gina K Designs.  It was heat embossed in gold embossing powder.  The front panel was matted with gold and then added to a kraft card base.   Of course, I finished the card with gold splatters.  


Here is a close up of the mistletoe, bow and berries.

4 comments:

My Paper Epiphany said...

Fabulous card! I love the smooshing and splatters! It's a wonderful die isn't it?

Inkyfingers said...

What a gorgeous card, Barb - looks really artsy with the smooshed and splattered background, and your bunch of mistletoe is beautiful.
Hugs
Carol x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

This is gorgeous hun, love the background
Hug's Shell xx

Sue - said...

Delightful design! Yeh background really enhances the mistletoe..