Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Kraft Colored Happy Holidays Card

 The flower used on this card is very well aged and it comes in a package of separate floral images.  There are multiple red but only two green.  The package has been laying there - taunting me - asking to be made into a card.  When I saw the current challenge at Christmas Card Throwdown where the challenge is to use the color "kraft", I made the decision to use the flowers - or at least three of the floral pieces.


I layered three of the flowers together for the floral focal point.  I added it to a dry embossed square of kraft paper which was matted with gold.  This was added to a dry embossed kraft front on a kraft card base.  I die cut the sentiment from the same gold as the mat and also a couple layers of kraft to give the sentiment some dimension.  Gold paint was splattered on the card front.  


Kraft is a hard color to photograph but the card is very pretty.  I am going to make another card and I am water  coloring the red petals to make them a darker red.  

I have been on a "where did the mojo go" creative lull so it was good to make a card.  

4 comments:

Rosmarie said...

I agree, kraft is not easy to color nor easy to photograph!!! But you did a great job using the beautiful poinsettia and adding lots of textures to your card! Thank you so much for playing along with 52CCT. Rosi x

Fabiola said...

oh elle est très chic et élégante cette carte Barb, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz

AndrejaM said...

kraft and red is a wonderful combination, and the rich embossing is fantastic! Thanks for playing at 52cct

Andreja said...

What a beautiful card in kraft you made :-))
Thanks for joining us at the 52CCT ❤️