Thursday, December 31, 2020

Happy Little Stamper's January Watercolor Challenge

 Yes, I know, it is still 2020 in the United States but Happy Little Stampers is an Australian based blog and it is 2021 there.  

Happy Little Stampers took six months off to rest and we are now back to challenge you and help you get your creative juices flowing.

The Watercolor Challenge at Happy Little Stampers for the month of January is Anything Goes.  


Anything Goes is my favorite challenge because you can make cards for upcoming events.  My card this month is for my daughter's January birthday.

The stamps are from My Favorite Things.  I water colored the birds with my water color pencils (had not used them in a long time - maybe because I just found them again).  I scribbled the pencil on plastic and added some water to it and painted my birds.  I did attempt to add some shading.  The sweaters were colored with the pencils also.  I die cut all the birds and foliage out.

I water colored a background and made sure I colored enough to stamp the sentiment on.  I die cut a gold frame.  I layered 3 frames together to add some depth and glued it to a white card base.  The sentiment was stamped in gold embossing powder and adhered to the blue background.  I had to cut the sentiment in half so I could make it fit on the space allowed.  I did a little floral arranging in opposite corners and then glued the bird on top.  I finished the card off with some gold watercolor splatters.


Here is a picture of the lower left corner.


Here is a picture of the upper right corner.

8 comments:

The Dream Pages said...

Such a beautiful wintery card. . Love all the diecuts. . Awesome. . ❤

Ashwini Rao said...

This looks so so adorable! I love the look of those cute little birds perched so carefree, and the look of the gold frame. A very happy new year to you!

Cazro said...

A super sweet card, I love your design and those birds are just adorable. Wishing you a happy, safe new year. Caz HSL DT.

Sue - said...

A beautiful card Barb. I love the birds wearing sweaters! xx

Bhavya Raghavendra said...

Beautiful card Barb!Hugs!! Bhavya

Lindsey said...

This is a gorgeous card! Beautiful watercolouring and love the frame with the corner clusters.

Penny said...

How cute are those little birds!
I love how you paired them with the blue background.

Helen said...

A gorgeous card, Barb! I've always loved this sweet little set and the way you've used it is wonderful!! The timber look frame is the perfect addition! Take care! :)