Sunday, December 6, 2020

Christmas Is Fast Approaching

 Christmas is coming up really fast and it is time to get all your Christmas cards in the mail so they get delivered before the 25th.  Hopefully mine will all be in the mail by the beginning of this week.  It is lots of work to address and write in all the cards.  

My goal for next year is to also make my cards flat for easier mailing and more chance they will make it through the mail safely.

Today I am playing along with the current challenge at Paper Players where it is "it is beginning to look a lot like Christmas."


I chose a favorite from the picture - the lovely Christmas Tree.    The tree is a die from Pretty Pink Posh and I cut it from watercolor paper I had colored with greens and gold.  The background is watercolored also with embossing paste stenciled through a stencil to represent snow.  I die cut the word Merry from gold and stamped the word Christmas.  I did draw around the word Christmas to add a little more gold to the card.  A gold star completed the card.  I added it all to a kraft card base.  This may be a prototype for some cards for next year.  


Thanks for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day and week.


2 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

What a fabulous tree die! I love the green/gold watercolored paper, too! The watercolored background and embossed snow is gorgeous! Certain to make someone very happy! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

That tree is just lovely and is a great way to give the illusion of layering but for me the addition of the embossed snow really takes this card up a notch. Fabulous! Thanks for playing along with my theme challenge over at The Paper Players this week!