Monday, September 30, 2019

October Happy Little Stampers Watercolor Challenge

How did it get to be October?  I am going to enjoy the fall weather and raking leaves. 

The watercolor challenge this month at Happy Little Stampers is always Anything Goes with a twist of botanical.


I decided that botanical means plants, trees so I went with leaves.  I love to make leaf cards in the fall.  I think this stamp and die set  is from Concord and 9th.

I first made a background with a leaf background stamp from Fun Stampers Journey.  I painted on Twinkling H20's onto the stamp and stamped it on watercolor paper.  I did it several times.  If you looked very closely you could see the leaf design.

I heat embossed the leaves on a piece of paper I had colored with Twinkling H20"s.  I then die cut the leaves.  The background and leaves have a beautiful shine from the Twinkling H20's.  Die cut the word Grateful from some gold card stock.

The background was adhered to a rust colored card base.  The leaves were added to the card front.  The die cut word was glued on top of the leaves.  A small twine bow was added to the stem of the middle leaf.  The glue I used to adhere the leaves and word is Gina K's Connect Glue.  I love this glue.  I had never really used glue on my cards until this glue came along.

After the card was assembled, I added gold splatters.


Please come join us at Happy Little Stampers for our October Watercolor Challenge

5 comments:

Ina G said...

Simply stunning Barb. Beautiful leaves and background.

Lindsey said...

What a beautiful card! I love the cluster of leaves and the background you created for them.

Gwendolyn said...

This is really amazing Barb, love those autumn colours! Hugs Gwendolyn

BożenA said...

Beautiful autumn colors and watercolor splashes. A great card

Helen said...

Gorgeous colours on your leaves and background, Barb! Stunning design!