Monday, September 16, 2019

CAS Christmas Card

It is the time of the year when you need to kick your card making into high gear so you can get all your cards made.  I will be gone from home over three weeks in November and December so the pressure is really on.

I decided to do the monthly challenge at CAS Christmas Card Challenge.  The challenge is holiday treats.


I had bought a set of playing cards which are gingerbread men.  Gingerbread men are wonderful holiday treats.  I did two designs of a CAS card,  I really don't know which one I prefer. 

The only thing I did to the card was trim off the bottom so the man of my dreams would sit straight on the card front.  The background for the gingerbread boy is bristol smooth card stock dipped into some distress oxide ink to add some depth to the background.  I just used a simple red and white stripe and green dots to add some color to the card.  A simple stamped sentiment completes the card. 


Here the stripe is on the bottom to ground our man.


Thanks for stopping by. 

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

I love this fat and happy gingerbread man, Barb! The stripes add a very festive touch! You're making me crave some gingerbread! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Christmas!

Loll said...

Yummy looking gingerbread men, Barb! :) He's so happy! :) Great with the strip of patterned Christmas paper. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Susan said...

Lovely gingerbread man - great use of the playing cards. And nice addition of the strips of decorative paper. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Christmas!