Sunday, May 19, 2019

Twofer - One Stamp - Two Different Type cards

I found a fun challenge blog Twofer .  You use the same stamp and make two different types of cards.


This month the challenge is to use a stamp with wheels.  I chose a vintage car from Rubbernecker Stamps.


Here are my two cards side by side.


I have a couple women friends who love their vintage cars and thought this car would be perfect for one of them.  The background was made with distress oxide ink.  The stamp was heat embossed with clear powder over black ink.  I love the stripe paper from My Favorite Things.  It is always the perfect touch to a card.  I matted the oxide ink panel with black card stock.  The die cut is from Gina K Designs.  A few black and pink sequins finish the card.


This card will be a birthday card for my brother.  I tried a new technique I learned earlier in the month.  You layer your oxide inks on a shiny paper.  After it is completely dry, you stamp your image with another oxide ink and let it dry completely.  Once dry, you take a baby wipe and wipe off the oxide finish on the stamped panel.  The panel and image immediately gets shiny.  I die cut the car with a rectangle die.  I cut panels from three coordinating colors (yes the green does match).  I layered everything up on a panel which I had colored with several oxide inks.  This panel was matted with a panel which was the same color as the ink the car was stamped in.  The dark blue ink was splattered on the card front.  I fussy cut the sentiment out.  The car image and sentiment was pop dotted up.

I had to add some chrome embellishments to finish off the card.



Thanks for stopping by.  This was my first card making venture after cataract surgery on my left eye.  In two weeks the other one will be done.  It was a struggle but I made it through.  I have been so bored.

2 comments:

Happy Dance said...

My dear friend told me that the surgery was so worth it. I hope your second one goes well, and judging by your cards, your first was a smashing success! LOVE pink and black together. That's an amazing card for your friend, and I agree with you about the MFT papers; perfect touch! Sweet card for your brother and a great technique, too. I may have to give that a try. Thanks so much for joining us at the Twofer Challenge! Bev

Darnell said...

I'm so delighted you found Twofer, Barb! You completely grasped the challenge concept and gave us two different designs for two different occasions using the same really cool car! Well done! I love both designs with their awesome backgrounds and I'm sure both recipients will cherish their cards! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #16! I hope we see you back again! Hugs, Darnell