Saturday, May 4, 2019

Happy Little Stampers May Christmas Challenge

It is time for a new Christmas challenge at Happy Little Stampers for the month of May. 



The challenge is anything goes with the optional twist of circles.  I pondered circles and was going through my new stamps - and there in front of me - was this beautiful stamp with circle ornaments. 

I first colored my Bristol smooth card stock with a light blue oxide ink.  I then stamped  the image and sentiment in Versamark ink and heat embossed with silver embossing powder.  I is really pretty in real life.  I colored the ornaments with distress inks.  I attempted to add shading to each ornament and they are three different shades of blue.  I did put a coat of Wink of Stella clear glitter over each ornament to add some sparkle.  If the snowflakes had little openings, they were also colored.

I created a mat with silver glitter washi tape.  It is so much cheaper to do this than buy silver paper.  I tied some silver cord between the image and sentiment.  I tied a bow and glued that on top of the cord.  I really like how my card turned out.


Here is a close up of the ornaments and the snowflakes.


Here is a close up of the sentiment.


Please come join us at Happy Little Stampers for our May Christmas Challenge. 

3 comments:

Inkyfingers said...

Love all the silver touches and gorgeous sparkle on this pretty, festive card, Barb!Your lovely double bow is a perfect finishing touch.
Hugs
Carol x

BożenA said...

Great design, perfectly suited to the topic of the challenge. I love the cool colors of the card.
Hugs,
BozenA

Bobby said...

You brought your sentiment to light with all the wonderful silver embossing, glitter tape and WOS, Barb.