Friday, May 10, 2019

CAS Christmas Card

I like to do Christmas Challenges throughout the year so I have a variety of cards to mail in December.  The challenge this month at CAS Christmas Card Challenge is stocking.  I am thinking do I have a stocking stamp - what do I have with a stocking - and right before my eyes did I see - but a strip of paper with stockings on it.  This was left over from a project I did for my friend Mary.  I decided this would be the jumpstart for my CAS Christmas card.


This card is approximately 6 x 4.75 inches.  I cut a white rectangle to mount the strip of stocking paper on.  I did add a thin border of green at the top and bottom of the strip to bring in some of the green color which was in many of the stockings.  I stamped the sentiment below where the strip was going to play.  I assembled the card.  It is a nice flat card so will be easy to mail. 

After I took the picture, I did go back and add some clear glitter glue on the cuffs of the stockings.


Thank you - one more Christmas card made and I have enough of the strip of paper left to make another card. 

Thanks for stopping by. 

5 comments:

Colleen said...

How clever to use that paper and adding some glitter on the cuffs adds extra sparkle! Thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas!

Christine Alexander said...

Such sweet designer paper, I love the black background it really makes the pretty stockings pop. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

Loll said...

Awesome stocking paper, Barb! So sweet. The framing makes the colours pop. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Bonnie said...

Lucky you to have this paper, Barb! Love how you've added the green layer! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Trina P. said...

What a cool paper... it was made for this challenge. Thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas. x