Friday, May 31, 2019

Happy Little Stampers June Watercolor Challenge

Once again it is time for a new watercolor challenge at Happy Little Stampers


I recently bought some new Penny Black stamps and this is one of the stamps I bought with a coordinating die.  I love that the die cuts out in between the flower stems. 

I used my favorite red ink - Gina K - I believe it is Red Velvet.  It is a true red in my color pallet.
I did drop in a few other colors of red to add some depth to the blooms.  I also used a gold watercolor for the center of the poppies.

The leaves were colored with several different colors of green.  I wet the inside of the leaves and then dropped in one color of green and then another color and let them blend.  Gold watercolor was added after the green had dried. 

The bucket is several different colors of oxide ink with some gold added to the colors.

I did a gold watercolor wash on the background and added gold splatters after it had dried.

The image was added to card front with foam tape.  I had stamped the sentiment on a narrow strip and colored it with gold also.  I matted the sentiment strip with red to bring some more red into the card.

The card front was added to a black card base.


Here is a close up of the flowers and bucket.


I even did some watercolor on the card liner.  I painted gold around the edge of the white liner and then added some gold splatters.  (I love splatters).


Please come join us at Happy Little Stampers for our June Watercolor challenge

4 comments:

Helen said...

I love the vintage feel to your card, Barb! Penny Black stamps are always so special! It's so hard to resist!

Lindsey said...

This is beautiful! I love the whole design. And you sound like me when it comes to red... it has to be RED. ;)

Ina G said...

Beautiful blending of colours here Barb. What a lovely stamp - yes PB stamps are special and always so good to ink up. Love the red flowers.

BożenA said...

Red poppies wonderfully underlines the strength of love. Beautifully designed and made card.
Hugs,
BożenA