Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Twofer - Two Cards from One Stamp

I found a challenge blog called Twofer.  The challenge is to do two different designs for two different occasions from the same stamp.




I love these two little bears from The Stamp Market and luckily they are zoo animals.  They are so easy to color also.  I just colored with distress inks.

I am working on the birthday cards I need for May.  This card is going to a young lady who loves rainbows and she loves animals.  I thought these two little bears would make a perfect card for her.  I very carefully added those little strips of yellow and orange on the rainbow striped paper.  I popped that part of the card with fun foam.





My second card is a Hi - Hello card.  I like to send these out to children that are having a rough time.  It always help to have one in your card stash so when something comes up you have a card you can send out right away.  Of curse, I know a few adults that this card would make them smile.

The card base is one in a set from Hobby Lobby.  I took a stencil from The Stamp Market and used distress oxide ink to add a design to the card base.  I love the soft plaid.  The die cut is from The Stamp Market also.  I glued three layers together to give it a little dimension.  I then took the two bears and tucked them in behind different parts of the die cut.  I die cut some hearts from paper the same color as my stencil color.  I believe the glitter glue changed the colors.


I like this challenge because it makes you think about different ways to use your stamps.

Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Darnell said...

I'm so glad you found us and enjoyed the concept of what we're all about, Barb! Your two bear cards are terrific designs! I love the sweet line-up of bears with their hearts showing. The bright card base and rainbow colored panels are so festive! She will adore it! And your whimsical hi card is so cute with the bears tucked around the sediment and such a pretty stenciled background!! Thank you for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #15! Hugs, Darnell

Leslie Miller said...

Two adorable cards that are absolutely perfect for their intended purposes! Those bears are cute and cheerful all lined up on the birthday card and equally cute peeking out from behind the "hi" on the other. I'm so glad you found our Twofer challenge and played along. You did an excellent job of it!

Loll said...

Two sweet bear cards Barb! These both brought a smile to my face. LOVE the rainbow bear card ... so bright and fun! Your friend is going to love it. And the "hi" card is so sweet with the bears peaking out from the large die-cut sentiment. So adorable on the plaid background. Thanks for playing along with us at Twofer Card Challenge!