Friday, April 5, 2019

Happy Little Stampers April Christmas Challenge

It is time for a new Christmas Challenge at Happy Little Stampers for the month of April. 

As always the challenge is Anything Goes but the optional twist this month is nature.



This card is made from leftovers.  I had stamped many of these beautiful pine cones last year and used 6 of them of two cards.  I had stamped some extra poinsettias.  These leftovers kept staring at me and I decided to use them.

I had bought a stamp set that had a small pine bough in the set.  I stamped the pine bough in distress oxide ink along the left side and top and then laid the main design elements on the card and figured out where I needed to stamp some more of the bough below the elements.

I stamped the sentiment in dark brown ink.  The pine cones were glued onto the card front and the poinsettia was pop dotted on top.  The entire front was matted in red and adhered to a kraft card base.  I think it turned out pretty well for using leftovers on it.


The pine cone stamp is from Impression Obsession and the poinsettia is from Gina K Designs.  The sentiment is from a 2018 holiday set from JoAnn Fabrics.

Please join us at Happy Little Stampers for our April Christmas Challenge.

5 comments:

laurie said...

What a beautiful way to use your leftovers! So pretty!

Bobby said...

Those are wonderful realistic pine cones, Barb. I'm glad you found them among your leftovers and decided to use them. The green pines look great behind them.

Sue - said...

What a great use of your leftovers!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I always love discovering leftovers and creating something brand new. This is a wonderful card, Barb. Love the pine cones sitting atop the greenery. Lovely background, and the poinsettia looks great and ties it all together!

BożenA said...

A wonderful Christmas card, in a traditional style and beautiful, rich colors. I apologize for the delay in commenting, I have too little time and too many classes lately.
Hugs,
BożenA