Saturday, April 20, 2019

CAS Card Using Stencil

The CAS challenge blogs have added a new one this year.  This  CAS challenge is to use a stencil.

The CAS April Stencil challenge is to use embossing paste.




I love to use my stencils but don't do it often enough.  I also love clear glittery embossing paste.  It is a favorite on winter cards but I am changing it up and using it on a May birthday card.

I first smooshed some distress oxide ink on my die cut panel of Bristol smooth card stock.  I then stamped my sentiment in the lower right corner.  I added the clear glitter embossing paste on the panel and worked around the sentiment.   The butterfly is a die cut from the same paper and I lightly colored the inside of the wings.  I wrapped a piece of black thread around the middle of the butterfly for the antenna.  I matted this panel with more white card stock and added to a white card base.

This was a very easy card to make and I made three more in different colors.



I am also entering this card into the challenge at Seize the Birthday - where the added topping is anything goes.



 Thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

Your sparkly embossing paste is perfect with your watercolored background and lovely butterfly, Barb! I love that you chose pastel pink for your color palette, too...such a beautiful birthday card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS Stencil!

nancy littrell said...

I love your clean and simple butterfly design. Beautiful with the smooshed background in pink with the added glittery embossing paste stenciling. Your added butterfly was the perfect embellishment along with the stamped sentiment and die cut border layers. TFS and joining us at CAS Stencil Card Challenge. Hugs...Nancy

Loll said...

WOW!! Gorgeous card Barb!! Love your smooshed watercolour background ... so beautiful and artsy. The sparkle paste is so pretty over top and the large butterfly looks right at home on top. Amazing design. I bet it looks fantastic in all three colours! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Stencil!

Julia Aston said...

Your sparkly pasted stenciled dots look lovely over your wonderful pink watercolor washed background and with that pretty butterfly layered on top Barb! thanks for joining in on the CAS Stencil challenge this month! xx

Cathy said...

Such a pretty card, love the stencilling on the soft watercoloured background. Thankyou for playing along at CAS Stencil and Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

Barbara said...

I adore this utterly feminine butterfly card. Just the perfect amount of gel and pink. It is just sublime. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.
Barbara DT

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous, I love it all! That butterfly die is beautiful against that background!