Sunday, April 7, 2019

Alcohol Ink Play

This last week my daughter and I were playing with alcohol inks coloring silver Christmas ornaments.  They turned out very nice.  I had given her a sheet of photo paper to catch the drippings as she colored the ornament.  When she was done she had a partially colored sheet so I told her to finish coloring the entire sheet.  She held it up and said it was pretty ugly.  I told her I could make her some great cards from that sheet.  I decided to do thank you cards.  Everyone needs thank you cards.

The weekly sketch at Freshly Made Sketches was perfect for using some of the alcohol colored paper.

 I added a little pink color to the background white.  Die cut the white and alcohol ink piece.  Stamped the sentiment on a strip of paper.  The alcohol ink panel is foam mounted to add some dimension.  It was all added to a purple card base.


Here are the other two cards I made.




I still have half of sheet of colored paper left to make more cards.  I do want to make them all different.

Thanks for stopping by. 

2 comments:

Amy O said...

What a fun way to use this sheet! I love the totally different ways you've used it to make all of these cards. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Timko said...

Those colors are so pretty together! Love the variations you made. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!