Saturday, October 6, 2018

Happy Little Stampers October Mixed Media Challenge

It is time for a new mixed media challenge at Happy Little Stampers. 

The challenge this month is MEN.


I chose to do a birthday card for my brother.  His birthday is not until January so the challenge will be to not lose it (misplace) it somewhere where I can not find it when it is time to put it in the mail.

I first started with a piece of Bristol smooth card stock and colored the background with all different shades of blue.  I then splattered water all over it also to add another depth to the background.  I stenciled on some sea grass/weed on each side with some metallic paint. 

I cut with my Silhouette the bottom of the ocean, the second layer of sea weed/grass and the small fish.  They were all colored with distress oxide inks.  Some gold was brushed on the little fish.

I stamped the three larger fish and colored them with distress oxide inks (I am a broken record) and fussy cut them out.  I adhered the bottom of the ocean and the sea grass and intertwined several of the larger fish in the sea grass.  I then got out a couple peg stamps from Stamps by Judith and stamped the black splatter and the large circles.  The large circles are filled with a Tonic glitter gel.

The sentiment was created on the computer and matted with the same navy blue I used to match the underwater scene.  The sentiment, the large fish at the top of the card  and the three of the small fish were adhered with foam tape.  Some details were added to the fish with Sharpie markers and gel pens.

After all of this I splattered silver paint over the entire thing.


Here is a close up of the top part of the card.


Here is a close up of the bottom part of the card.


Please join us at Happy Little Stampers for our October Mixed Media challenge.

Did I tell you there were prizes?

No comments: