Monday, October 8, 2018

Happy Little Stampers October Anything Goes With Die Challenge

It is time for a new challenge at Happy Little Stampers using your dies.  It is the best challenge because "anything goes" so get busy and join our challenge.



My cards this month (yes I said cards) is because I used one die cut and used it for two cards.  I used both the negative and the positive for my cards.

I will show you my cards and explain what I did.

I took a piece of glossy card stock and colored it with distress oxide inks.  I then used the glaze over the top and brought all the colors to the surface.

I covered the back of my card stock with a full sheet of adhesive.  This is a blessing when you are working with these small pieces.  I used my cover plate die and cut the card stock.  I also cut it out of white card stock.

On the second card I adhered the background with all parts removed from the white card stock which was die cut.  I adhered it to a piece of the same size white card stock.  I had also added lots of adhesive with my tape runner to the white base.  I then very carefully removed each little piece of the blue die cut and inserted it into the white background.  The adhesive on the back of each piece plus the adhesive I had added to the white base made sure each little piece was stuck firmly.

I took the blue background and adhered it (remember it has adhesive on it already) to a piece of dark blue card stock.  This really make the die pop.

This is how I got two cards from one beautifully colored die cut.

To complete this card I die cut three layers of the "Thanks" and adhered them together before adding to the card front.  I stamped a sentiment in navy to pop up below the die cut sentiment.


I really struggled with finishing this beautiful background.  I finally settled on this very simple bold flower cut from dark blue.  I cut this with my Silhouette.  I die cut the hello from dark blue and white card stock.  A couple beautiful embellishments completed the card.


Please come join us at the October Anything Goes With Dies challenge.

Did I tell you there were prizes?

No comments: