Sunday, August 27, 2023

Christmas Challenge

 I am in a private Facebook group with a wonderful gathering of fellow card makers.  I have known many of them for over twenty years.  Cardmaking brought us  together.

For the last few years we have been doing a monthly Christmas challenge with a theme.  This month the theme is "bells".  I don't have many bells in my great stash of Christmas supplies.  One day I had a thought - scary I know - but I thought maybe my Tim Holtz stuff would have a bell image in it.  I was correct and found two bell images to use.

One of my cards also utilizes a loved embossing folder. and this week the challenge at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown is to use an embossing folder.   I 


My card is a mini slim line card.  The bell and holly image is from Tim Holtz.  I added it to an embossed background which was inked with distress ink to give it a vintage feel.  I matted the image with a red paper from my supplies.  This was all added to a kraft card base.  I did add gold splatter to the card because everything needs a little gold splatter.


One more Christmas card done for 2023.  

Thanks for stopping by.  


3 comments:

Aimeslee Winans said...

That was a good thought! That's a very pretty card, xoxo

AndrejaM said...

Beautiful card! You used the embossing folder very nicely! Thanks for playing at 52 CCT challange.

Kathy said...

Wow, such a great card, the vintage vibe is perfect! Thanks for sharing your lovely creation with us at 52CCT this week. Smiles, Kathy DT